Bruce Whynott's Homepage
St. Ambrose of Woodbury Catholic School
Physical Education Grades 3-8
National Standards and Grade Level Outcomes, Shape America
The goal of Physical Education is to develop physical literate students who have the knowledge, skills and confidence to enjoy a lifetime of healthful physical activity. To pursue a lifetime of healthful physical activity, a physically literate student will:
- Learn skills necessary to participate in a variety of physical activities
- Know the implications and benefits of involvement in various types of physical activities
- Participate regularly in physical activity
- Be physically fit
- Value physical activity and its contributions to a healthful lifestyle.
Fitness Building Activities, Indoor and Outdoor Games, Movement Exploration.
The National Standards and Grade-level Outcomes provide a national standard for teachers to use as a framework to assess and evaluate students’ achievement. Students’ achievement in Physical Education will be assessed according to five standards: Skilled Movement, Movement and Principles and Concepts, Personal Fitness, Responsible Behaviors, and Physically Active Lifestyle.
- Skilled Movement
- Movement and Principles and Concepts (strategic)
- Personal Fitness (including Participation)
- Responsible Behaviors
- Physically Active Lifestyle